4.1 Personal information. Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. Arrk uses personal information to understand better your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your relationship with Arrk. We take seriously the trust you place in us. Arrk will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card information, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data. We may ask for the user to provide demographic information (such as income level and gender), and unique identifiers (such as, username and password) so we can provide a more personalized experience on our site.
4.2 Non-personal information. Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. Arrk collects and analyzes non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the Arrk Websites. Most non-personal data is collected via Cookies, Log Files, Clear Gifs, and/or other analysis technologies. Consequently, collected information is tied to the user’s personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user’s visit to our Website and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them. We do not share non-personal information with third parties.
(b) Log Files. We do have log files, but we do not currently use the log files. We may use the log files in the future as and when the need arises.
(c) Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We do not employ a software technology called clear gifs (web beacons/web bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users.
5. Children’s Privacy. Arrk does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Arrk does not target its website to children under 13. Arrk is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
6.1 Special Offers and Updates. We may send our registering customers a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established users may occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users any communications we send will present the option to not receive these types of communications in the future.
6.2 Newsletter. If a user wishes to subscribe to any newsletter or publication we offer, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications.
6.3 Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we may send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
6.4 Surveys and Contests. From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site, Arrk and its services. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
6.5 Visitor Service. We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account. We reply via email or phone, in accordance with the user’s wishes.
6.6 Sensitive Information. Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purpose by Arrk and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future reference or purchases.
6.7 Information Collected from other Sources. Personal data collected online may also be combined with information you provide Arrk through other sources such as product registration, call centers or public events such as trade shows or seminars.
6.8 Legal Disclaimer. Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us.
7. Who we Share your Information with. Arrk will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Arrk will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. Arrk shares information with companies working on our behalf, but only for the purposes described above in Paragraph 6.
8. Your choices. Arrk gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our services. You can subscribe to receive certain service specific information and Arrk’ marketing communications. Arrk’ marketing communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in or attend our seminars. We give you a choice regarding delivery of Arrk communications by postal mail, e-mail and telephone. You can make or change your choices at the data collection point. We will make every effort to honor your preferences.
9. Privacy Preferences and Opting Out. Arrk from time-to-time sends communications or offers that we believe are of interest to our clients from the Arrk Website, and each such communication will provide the option for you to opt out from receiving further communications or offers.
11. Access / Accuracy of Information. Arrk strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain visitor data accuracy. We will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of Arrk’ Website may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers. The most effective way to view and change your personal information is to return to the Arrk Website where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on the Website.
12. Keeping Your Information Secure. Arrk is committed to protecting the information you provide us. This Website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information, it is protected both online and off-line. If users have any further questions about the online or offline protection of information, or the security of the Arrk Website, users can send an email to [email address].
12.1 Online Protection. We do everything in our power and commercially practicable to protect user-information online. Access to all users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our servers. We will maintain commercially practicable procedures to protect all user information from online theft and unauthorized access.
12.2 Off-Line Protection. We do everything in our power and commercially practicable to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, our employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every three months, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are locked in a secure facility.
ARRK Product Development Group USA, INC.
4747 Executive Drive, Suite 550,
San Diego, CA 92121
Last updated: July 18, 2014